Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
exactly, how do i configure my dlink di-524 for wireless use...i do not understand all the acronyms so i am confused as to what to do...i need step-by-step instructions please and thank you

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. Okay, this is great as to how to enable my router but I still need to know step-by-step instructions on how to connect to the internet. I have followed the instructtions in the first link but still can't get on the Net. Please, any help at all will be appreciated. Thank you...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi. It is a Dlink DI-524. I followed your instructions exactly and I still don't seem to be able to connect to the net with my laptop. I have 3 wired connections to it that work. My son tried yesterday with HIS laptop and he connected, so after all this, I am suspecting it is the first laptop that may be the problem. Thank you for your time and assistance though. You have helped immensely.

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,352 Posts
We can start looking at the laptop in that case.

Let's start by connecting the laptop with a wired connection to the router and posting the following information.

Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous IPCONFIG command output! Do NOT type <computer_IP_address> into the command, that won't work. Also, the < and > in the text is to identify the parameters, they are also NOT used in the actual commands.

Do NOT include the <> either, they're just to identify the values for substitution.

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above. (For Vista/Win7, the IPv4 Address)

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.