Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Moderator , Windows Tech Team , Hardware Tech T
Operating Systems || Hardware || Most Tech Stuff
3,169 Posts
Yeah, Save the file and attach it please.. not a screenshot..

Start the capture, start the game, once it crashes click Ok, and then stop the capture, save the result there is an option to save it in its own format, and give me the name of the game executable..

·
3,169 Posts
Can you upload it to a Google drive or Dropbox and share the link.. Please do not use any other upload sites..

·
3,169 Posts
Ok, for some reason the file is the exe is triggering a failure..

Windows defender kicked in the background as well, can you disable Windows Defender Temporarily and then test the game ?

Also, does the game require a connection to the internet ?

It also triggers a dx fault, can you install the directx 9 installer or any other dx version that came with the game ? Run it as Administrator.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
game does not require internet connection, nor does it have the capacity to use an internet connection anymore as the server hosting its internet shut down years ago.... (so i couldn't have an online match with someone even if i wanted to without using a 3rd party program like gameranger)

Disabling the firewall (windows defender) yielded the same results

dx9 is incompatible with windows 10 (this could be the core issue right here)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
well that did not change the result unfortunately. though the first install told me that it didn't need to do anything as there was a more current version of directx available. i'm starting to wonder if i should try a fresh install just for kicks. though i'll need to be given a way to uninstall this first as the regular way isn't working. (but only if that is what you guys thing is best)

·
3,169 Posts
We're shooting in the dark because the app was not made compatible with the OS... And with trial and error we might be able to point it somewhere...

You can, worst case if it's an old game, install VirtualBox, setup XP on it and then install the game :)

·
Decessit
68,881 Posts
Does the game say it is compatible or meant for win 10 if not then it may not run as ie directx versions not being suitable.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
no it's set up for xp. *sigh* i've run games way older than this. heck, i ran a 16 bit game on my win10 machine before. though to get that to work, the community for that game developed a program to force it to work on 64 bit. so i think my next step might be to go to whatever is left of this game's community and see if they are having a similar problem and if so, have a fix for it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
*sigh* well the community is split all over other websites. there isn't a website specific to this game. so that's a pain. thinking i'm just going to go with the "give up and remember it for the wonderful experience that it was" route. but there is the matter of "i don't know how to uninstall it" due to the uninstaller not working. when i attempt to use it, OR add/remove programs i get the following message "Could not open INSTALL.LOG file." so if you guys could solve that issue for me i could put this whole mess behind me. pls.

·
Elite Commander
1,415 Posts
you could always set up a virtual machine in oracle virtual box, e.g. windows Xp install the game(s) etc and run them from that. That is what I have had to do for "Airport Inc."

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I shall try this, but first i would really like to get it off of my computer first before i put it back on somewhere else

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
that was what i did already. and it gave me the same message. i could try just deleting everything but that would still leave things on the registry...which is bad.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.