Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am struggling to set up the email addresses for our new domain. Once I set them up, check the detail in outlook they are rejected stating problems with the server

·
Registered
625 Posts
@ mike q: can you be a bit more specific? Can you say exactly what Outlook tells you? How did you set them up? What is the server software?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. i have uploaded a web site i have created with streamline.net. they host web sites basically. i am running a small recruitment business from it and want to set up emails via outlook express. I have entered all the information they have given me but it is failing. This is the failiure message.

"The host 'mail.mikequarterman-recruitment.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'mail.mikequarterman-recruitment.co.uk', Server: 'mail.mikequarterman-recruitment.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D"

I am sure that it will be easily rectified but i am not IT technically minded and are looking for help.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,208 Posts
Basically, this error is saying that your Outlook is unable to find the mail server. Make sure that you typed in your POP3/SMTP server/hostname properly. Then make sure that your username/password are entered properly. Also, if you have a firewall on your computer/network, make sure ports 110 and 25 are open. In some cases, your ISP may also be blocking ports, although they usually block port 25.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.