Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new user to XP and this is probably an old problem. When I reply or forward an email, I lose the original message. I have downloaded SP1 and SP2 from Windows XP site but I still have the problem. Any suggestions please?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am new to this email talk thing and I would like to let you know how offended I am with your reply. It does not relate to my query at all and I do not support the collection or use of any gun - new or old.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
LMAO

OK ... first the question about what e-mail client you are using IS the core of your issue ... Each mail client has its own way of setting the option to include original text in a forward or reply.

The Gun Collecting part of the reply is called a Tag Line or Signature. John collects antique pistols, I do a radio show (see below), Sealy is a free spirit, Speedo is, well ... Speedo ... :D

No need to be offended, and no need to attack someone.

So, do you use Outlook Express, Outlook, Eudora, or a web based service like Yahoo or Hotmail?

·
Citizen of the world
51,053 Posts
bondi said:
I am new to this email talk thing and I would like to let you know how offended I am with your reply. It does not relate to my query at all and I do not support the collection or use of any gun - new or old.
Well, I was asking what email client you use, and I really don't care if you don't collect guns. :)

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
also...

be advise that using email doesnt allow the person to be in front of you so things can easily be taken out of contex...:angel:

I know lotus notes has a setting the allow to send reply with history...

Old versions of AOHell ( a.k.a AOL) didnt keep replies...thats just the way it was

In outlook under options you can change the settings to include the history of the email....

Good luck

G

·
Go to OE and click tools, Options and then Send and make sure this box is checked.

I like guns, It's really to bad that you don't like guns..........:D

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Outlook email reply

thanks everyone for your advice. I use Outlook. I have ticked the box requesting that my reply contains the original message - but that unfortunately is not the problem. It only happens when the original message is written in HTML.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.