Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a combo DNS/Exchange problem don't know which.
I am getting the following bounce back on email. " #5.5.0 smtp;554 Service unavailable; Client host [167.199.x.x] blocked using zen.spamhaus.org"
I have done some testing and I think the issue is in my DNS configuration but I do not know where to correct the problem. Following is some of the output from my test of HELO and DNS. It looks like the reverse DNS is showing my server name and internal domain instead of "mail.comp.sled.us" that my MX record has in it. How do I correct this and have it display the correct information?

'[email protected]' on 1/19/2007 10:28 AM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.
<svrmail01.ADCDOMAIN.ORG #5.5.0 smtp;550 Your HELO name for IP address 167.199.x.x was "svrmail01.ADCDOMAIN.ORG">

Another test:
WARNING: One or more of your mailservers is claiming to be a host other than what it really is (the SMTP greeting should be a 3-digit code, followed by a space or a dash, then the host name). If your mailserver sends out E-mail using this domain in its EHLO or HELO, your E-mail might get blocked by anti-spam software. This is also a technical violation of RFC821 4.3 (and RFC2821 4.3.1). Note that the hostname given in the SMTP greeting should have an A record pointing back to the same server.
Thanks in advance.
-Joe

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.