Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have recently put together a new system using the elitegroup pt800ce-a m/b. i plugged in all my cards and my h/d from a previous system (xp already installed on it) everything worked great. so i decided to put the m/b disk in and install there software (bad idea).now when xp tries to boot it will flash boot from cd twice and then the windows screen appears with the blue progress bar.it will get about halfway through and the blue bar stops and the h/d stops.now i can only boot in safe mode.tried uninstalling some of the the b/s that disk had on it but still didnt work.next thing i did was boot to last known good configuration,it booted and refound all my hardware.now when i reboot it will load regularly but the windows status bar still wants to hang up.it always wants to hang right after the keyboard lights flash on intial boot.
so my ? is
does anybody know what that disk had on it to do this and what can i do to correct the problem without reformatting the drive?
any insight would be greatly appreciated.
thx

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
When you change the motherboard you can't boot XP. It's configured for your old hardware still and will refuse to boot on the new stuff. You don't need to format, but you will need to reinstall.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont know what you mean by reinstall. everything seemed to be working fine untill i put the m/b disk in.i reinstalled all the hardware,the only thing i didnt reinstall was the h/d.even know i can boot up regularly,it just tries to hang up when the xp progress bar is on the screen and it never did that untill i put the disk in for the m/b.what is intailed in reinstalling a h/d?This is the first time ive had to swap out a m/b and im a little confused on the reinstall.

thanks for the quick response and your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.