Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was working on an IBM desktop computer with an external HDD plugged into it. I restarted the system but it wouldn't boot, so i figured it could have been my external HDD blocking it. I shut down the system, unplugged my HDD and restarted the system. When I got into windows, I plugged my HDD back in but it wouldn't show in My Computer, so I went into the Manage of My Computer to find out that my External HDD had become an "EISA Configuration"
I have so pretty important data on that external HDD of mine, can someone please help me by telling me how to convert it back to a normal partition without having to format the whole thing?

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
DONT format or write or anything else to that drive!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sigh:

try connecting it to a different computer >>>> preferably a desktop

then post your progress it that doesnt work we can discuss recovery options

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
I would try removing the drive from the USB external enclosure and installing it as an intenral drive into a desktop machine / dont forget to set jumpers to slave on the drive in question

this is a common practice by the way

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i tryed everything but no luck, I ended up using a software called final data to extract my file out of the the EISA partition, and reformate the HDD into a normal pattition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.