Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[email protected]#[email protected]!!!
i hate that windows/msn popup ad in XP... does anyone else get them? my adware blocker cant block them cuz they're not IE popups.. they screw up my game wen im playing them cuz just pops up and i cant see anything. on it it says Messenger ad or blah bla and in a grey window... if i leave my computer on at night i'll get like 20 opend wen i get on in hte morning.. is their a way to get rid of them? theiy are soooo anoying and pissin me off.. thnx!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope not wen i sign in / out
just pops up from hear and there, wen im using programs, playing games, typing stuff, or just having the system idle, just pops up wenever..

the title of it is "messenger service"
and there is a "ok" and "cancel" button, give the same results wen i click, it goes away, but its anoying

·
Registered
8 Posts
AH! Those popups!

I wasn't sure what you meant originally, but now I am pretty sure.

I will show you what you are talking about, and I will link you to a free blocker.

go to: Start-->Run and type: net send yourcomputername Test.

You will get a popup just like the ones you don't want to get.

http://www.emeraldpopstop.com/DownloadPopStop.aspx

There is a link to software thats free that should help.

Let me know if that worked.

·
Global Moderator
51,638 Posts
The real cause of these pop-ups is that you don't have a firewall. If you configure your firewall to block ports 135, 137-139, and 445, these popups can't get through. Of course, since it sounds like you don't have a firewall at all, you may want to think about that, what other things that do more damage are coming in?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Disable the service

If you just want to not get them you could also disable to messenger service.

Go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools-->Services.

Then Stop and Disable the Messenger service.

But the previuos poster was right, you should invest in a firewall.

A router is also a psuedo firewall and will stop the messages if you aren't forwarding ports to your computer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
xp firewall

XP does have a firewall. You have to enable it.

Go to Network Xonnections, Right click your internect connection, usually labeled LAN...go to properties-->advanced-->firewall is there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Re: Screen Shot

bobojo said:
Here is what I think you are talking about:

Attached pic

how u do that?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.