Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

all machine sounds and echo is heard by people who are calling me. It is as if machine transfers both IN and OUT to IN. If sound is muted from the system panel, no echo (or other sounds) are heard by the other side.

It used to be OK in Vista, but problem persists ever since it got replaced by the XP

Computer setup:
Samsung R460 laptop
Win XP sp3 with all updates. This setup works perfectly well on other computers
Up-to-date drivers from samsung.com

·
Registered
293 Posts
By 'calling you', do you mean by a messenger or 'Skye' or something? If so, it could something as simple as crappy speakers or mic. I say this because sometimes my speakers output a buzzing noise when I moved my mouse. I resolve this by adjusting the volume on the speakers (with the physical knob, not on xp). My problem is crappy speakers.

Try different speakers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By 'calling you', do you mean by a messenger or 'Skye' or something? If so, it could something as simple as crappy speakers or mic. I say this because sometimes my speakers output a buzzing noise when I moved my mouse. I resolve this by adjusting the volume on the speakers (with the physical knob, not on xp). My problem is crappy speakers.

Try different speakers.
Different speakers (+headphones) and mics were tried. As I've said, the problem appears to be in lower level than that. Muting speakers does not make any change- people can still hear them.

Echo is gone only if muting is done for entire system

·
Registered
293 Posts
hmm...strange one, to me anyway. If your mic and speakers/headphones are fine and different mics and speakers work but produce the same fault then it's possibly a fault with your sound card (as both devices are 'common' to this).

Maybe try updating your sound card drivers, are removing and reinstalling them.

If this doesn't work it could be a hardware problem with your sound card.

Go to device manager and see if it is working correctly.

Beyond this I'm not sure, hopefully someone else will be able to advise you better.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey

Ive had this problem before when using Teamspeak. It was a simple fix of going into the audio and video settings in the Control Panel, and Adjusting the Microphone and Speaker settings.

Windows XP, by default, sets these settings incorrectly for newer audio systems such as microphones etc. Try this, if no look, send me a message.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.