Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have a website being built for our rock band at the moment and I'm going to be updating/maintaining it later on.

Whats the best and most user friendly software to use for this purpose...frontpage, dreamweaver ?? I am new to this and have both these applications so would rather not buy any other software. I am about to buy a book on one of these shortly. Which one would be more user friendly ?

Cheers.

·
Registered
58 Posts
if u want a choice btw the 2 u have stated .. i would say frontpage.

or else ... u can go with coffeecup html editor :)

for a rock band ... u may need to update tht frequently ...

why dont u use php ? there are a lot of CMS s available :)

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Design Team
2,274 Posts
given the choice of the two, I'd go with dreamweaver. It's not a must use, but I think it's built better than frontpage

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Dreamweaver seems to be the best choice. It does cost a bit of money but its worth its value. Frontpage is also good but not my preffered choice as it adds extra and uneccessary code to your webpage.

·
Registered
206 Posts
yah id say dreamweaver its good although i dont like it but if you want the site to be real good use notepad to program it :grin:

·
Registered
31 Posts
TheMailMan said:
Someone mentioned CMS. Mambo and PHPNuke are both very good and free. :)

I use PHP-NUKE Platinum for my site, BestTests.com. I also have a rock band website, but I don't use a CMS (Content Management System) for it because a CMS would be an overkill! Most band sites i've seen have info on tour dates, press releases, pictures, bois, etc. Not nearly enough content for a CMS. Just my two cents. :smooch:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Best prog... Notepad :p

I always use XHTML/PHP etc in Notepad because you can get things exactly the way you want it. I've never once used a program like Dreamweaver because, basically, you don't need to! :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.