Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People were receiving emails from my sister she had not sent so she changed her password. After doing that she is not receiving any new mail in her inbox but she is receiving some spam and can also send emails. Any suggestions would be appreciated

· Registered
5,922 Posts
The steps to take to address this issue will depend on the e-mail provider and e-mail application used.

Google "not receiving incoming mail after password change" plus your e-mail account provider's and application's names for specific information.

Personally, if I found that someone was using my e-mail account, I'd delete (or have my ISP delete it they issued it) and then make a new one. I wouldn't rely on a password change.

After that is done, make sure that your sister knows not to give out her password to anyone, be it friend, family member, or "significant other." Also, don't write it down and keep it where prying eyes can find it. Make your passwords secure but also easy to remember. For instance, "My stupid 12 CATs!"

· TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
11,903 Posts
Recommend 2FA or MFA on top of that ... especially for email, financial, etc.

MFA = Multi-Factor Authentication is a type of authentication that requires two or more factors of authentication.
2FA = Two-Factor Authentication is a type of authentication that requires exactly two factors of authentication.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts