Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got A "Sotec" brand monitor from japan last year and It doesn't work ever since I formated my hd and.. It has a dvi cable but no power supply cable.. I assume it somehow gets its power source throught the dvi cable, but it never goes on anymore.
does anyone know anything about monitors that get power through the dvi cable?
the power light doesn't go on at all for me but my friend tried it on his geforce 3 a while back and the power signal would go on and off but the monitor woulnt acutally go on.. I think I need a new video card but doubt that will fix it.. any ideas?

·
Registered
165 Posts
this is an LCD monitor, am I right ?
I've never seen a monitor with DVI interface powered by a video card, normally there must be a power inlet on the back of the monitor.
This can be a common AC power inlet if the monitor has an internal powersupply OR a mini sized power inlet for an external DC power device.
I think that's the item you're missing !!!

(kind of DC-power supply one gets with a notebook)

gr

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there is no power cord needed or an external power supply because I used it for about 6 months without one.. it worked fine.. I think the problem lies in the DVI cord.. there is one pin that is lower then the rest so i think I need to get the cord replaced..I tried it on my brothers computer.. with a geforce fx 5200 and It went on.. then off.. on off over and over so it must be that the cord is damaged.. I think I'll take it into a repair shop in a day or so.
I've yet to see another lcd like mine..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.