Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

It«'s been a while since I had the need to come here because I hadn't had any problems.

But now there is something strange that happened

A Couple of weeks ago I bought a DVD/RW Writer and installed it in my computer. It run smoothly with no problems at all. I could write CDs and DVDs with no problem.

However a few days ago something changed. Without any kind of warning or reason the DVD writer simply stopped recognizing CDs. It won't recognize any type of CDs (data, audio or otherwise), but it works perfectly with DVDs of any kind, so I can watch movies and write DVDs with absolutely no problem whatsoever. However it's been puzzling me why is it that this happened, because frankly, it doesn't make any sense to me. One day it was working perfectly and the next day, without any kind of change, just PUFF.

If anybody can help me I appreciate it.

I send also the details of mt DVD Writer:

Model Samsung
TSST corp CD/DVDW TS-H552U

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This the same problem as I have with a similar drive (TSST corp CD/DVDW TS-H552B). Ithappend to me a few weeks back - I was burning discs from iTunes Ok then it suddenly stopped. Driver is OK and now I am getting really unsure of what to do. Can't help you except to share the pain!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
@ Blaken_dorf
Try deleting/uninstalling the IDE channel from within 'device manager' that the drive resides on, and restart your system. Windows will redetect the drive and reinstall it and hopefully things will be set right.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi.

I had already tried that but since you suggested it I gave one more shot. As with the first time it doens'nt seem to have done anything as the same problem continues.

It still can't read cds.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
@ Blaken_dorf
Can you try the drive in another system and see if it exhibits the same problem? I think it may be defective and needs to be returned for a new one. If you have a choice, BenQ and NEC are the best IMHO. LG and Liteon are decent as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.