Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

My dad has this Compaq Armada 7800 running Windows XP Pro (Specs Pentium 2, 300Mhz, 192MB RAM). Last night, I tried to watch a DVD, but a message box appeared saying that I didn't have a DVD decoder. So, with the help of Google, I found a free DVD decoder and some other stuff in a pack called 'K-Lite Codec Pack' and I downloaded it. I tried to play a DVD in Windows Media Player 9, and displayed the following message: 'Windows Media Player is currently unable to play DVD video. Try decreasing the number of colors displayed on your monitor or decreasing the screen resolution. For additional solutions, click more information to access DVD Troubleshooter’. So, I decreased the number of colors displayed to 16 bit (Medium) and decreased the resolution to 800 by 600. I tried again, still didn't work. The 'K-Lite Codec Pack' came with Media Player Classic, so I tried to run the DVD in that, it worked. It had problems though: the DVD was too fast and/or jerky, and the speed of the film went up and down throughout, sometimes to levels which may have been consitered the normal speed rate. Also, the mouths of the actors didn't go along with what they were saying.

Alot of the time, a DVD doesn't open/play at all with a message saying 'Windows cannot read from this disk. The disk might be corrupted, or it could be using a format that is not compatible with Windows.', or in Media Player Classic saying in the bottom left corner of the screen 'Can't find DVD directory'.

So, I ask:

1. Why can't I play a DVD in WMP 9, and if possible how can I do so?
2. Can I fix the problems that I have been experiencing with playing DVD's (jerkiness, etc) in Media Player Classic (and will presumbly be experienced with other DVD players)?
3. Why can't I play/open some DVD's? How can I do so?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.