system is a Insignia with a pentium 4 2.8GHz with 512 ddr ram.It has 2

drives... a sony cd rom cdu 5212 and a sony dvd rw dw-d22a. I use dvd

santa to convert and nero to burn but it dont seem like that matters cause

no matter what programs i use my dvds have problems playing.Thanks guys

in advance for any help.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Maby its your dvd players? some dvd players dont support DVD R discs.. try playing the dvds on your computer, most computers with dvd burners can read the discs that it burns, if your computer can play it back fine then that may be the problem

Im not a moderator or anything, i just registered actually, but im not telling you to change anything so yeah..

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Twistdshade is correct, not all home players will read dvd+ or dvd- media properly, and you'll have to experiment to find out which type of media works best in your home players. The skipping could also be the result of errors on the disk (either during disk mfg or during burning), in which case the quality of the media may be in question. A firmware update can't hurt either since it will update the unit to better recognize the latest media and fix any glitches the mfg may have come across since the drives release. Some DVD recorders (Plextor for sure) have a utility that allows you to increase or decrease the intenisty of the laser when burning and it is not uncommon to have to again experiment with the laser intensity to find the right setting for the best compatability with your home players. Make sure the media you use is either on the drive mfg compatability list or stick to quality media from Taiyo yuden or verbatim

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
try burning at a slower speed,tick the box in your software burner for it to control the burn speed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses guys. I burn at 4x and my stand alone player does support dvd+ and dvd-. What else could it be guys? Thanks for the responses guys.

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
i know both programs are the best so it would have to be the original source before conversion some of the thai stuff i save for my wife has blocks and freezes when the sat signal weakens or fluctuates,i never check them before giving them to her because the monks chanting does not do much for me
but i certainly hear about it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.