Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this DVD drive for about 8 months now & for the last 6 months of that time it's had problems reading any sort of disk - CD/DVD whatever. It'll read some disks but others it just clunks away & takes ages to do anything. I've updated the firmware for it, used a CD cleaner on it to no effect. Anyone else have the same problem? & possibly a solution, or shall I just bin it & get a decent drive (like Lite-on!!??). BTW it's set as secondary slave on the system.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
tallyman said:
I've had this DVD drive for about 8 months now & for the last 6 months of that time it's had problems reading any sort of disk - CD/DVD whatever. It'll read some disks but others it just clunks away & takes ages to do anything. I've updated the firmware for it, used a CD cleaner on it to no effect. Anyone else have the same problem? & possibly a solution, or shall I just bin it & get a decent drive (like Lite-on!!??). BTW it's set as secondary slave on the system.
Sounds like it should still be under warranty? I would attempt to get it replaced. Otherwise yes bin it and get another one NEWEGG DVD at these prices is not worth messing with one that starts to actup. :smile:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.