Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spent the last 30 minutes or so searching google and this site but came up with nothing. Everyone else is having problems with cables and windows not recognizing their drives.

Sony DVD-Rom DDU1613
NEC DVD-RW ND-3540A

I am running WinXP. My DVD drives are recognized by BIOS and are displayed in My Computer. The problem I am having is all of the sudden two days ago the drives stopped being recognized in the burning programs and theater/viewing programs.

The programs that I know do not recognize the drives are PowerDVD, Nero, DVD-Decrypter, DVDShrink. Though I haven't gone through and tested every program.

Would this be a problem with firmware or drivers? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would try a restore back to a date where you knew all drives to be operating correctly and then see if the the drives function. If not I do not know what may have caused your trouble-----if the drives do operate then I would either not worry about any longer or try to think back what you may have downloaded that may have changed something.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just checked and i couldn't create a restore point nor were there any restore points available to restore to. I have system restore enabled but i guess it hasn't been creating any restore points.

I haven't installed anything in the last few weeks nor am i even connected to the internet. I haven't been having any problems but i think i might consider posting a log in the security section of this forum to check if this could be a virus related problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.