Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DVD drive not working no more... When i say no more i mean it was working about 2 months ago but now i cant watch no movies on my computer at all. And ive had this problem for a long time. Any suggestions are welcome.

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
uninstall the drive in the device manager then right click and scan for h/w changes and see if it works

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No Dai, that did not solve my problems.... I have no idea what is the problem? HELP!!! :4-dontkno

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, i did a check. It said that i need a Decoder. Where can i get one? The best one... But this also confuses me because it was working b4 but o well. Just help me find a decoder.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dont think that the Decoder was the problem... I downloaded a trial version of PowerDVD and popped in Collateral and it hesitated but eventually did nothing.... I even had the PowerDVD open. Im still confused... I might just give up... This is too fustrating... My Computer just sux. I also have a sound problem Sound Prob Post , my computer is just one annoying piece of :4-thatsba LOL.

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
in the device manager click on view tab/show hidden devices and see if any yellow marks alongside of anything

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Let's back up. Does the dvd drive work as a cd drive?

Can it view dvd's, just not play movies?

Have you tried reloading the disk that came with the dvd drive?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.