Tech Support Forum banner

DVD DL will not burn

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  David McD 
#1 ·
Hi,

I can no longer burn dl discs. I am not sure how long this problem has been
for me, but I found out about it when trying to make a disc for win10 20h2.
It appears to fail at the time when the process is starting to turn the
corner to start the second layer.

I have 2 burners. A LG HL-DT-STBD-REWH14NS40 and a DVD burner that is listed
in Device Manager as ATAPIiHAS224 B. I have tried both thinking that perhaps
the first one had seen better days. Same results with the second burner. I
used IMG burn with both of them. Then I tried using Roxio Creator with both,
them I tried using the win10 built in burner. No joy. Thinking that I
perhaps had a bad download,I redownloaded the MCT. Same problem. Then I
tried a large file that I had and still the same problem.

Previously I have burned many dl discs with nary a problem

Am running Win10 20h2 fully updated with Windows defender only.

Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

David

See less See more
#6 ·
Have you tried to burn any other type of media, (ie) Data, Music? Have you tried to burn any other ISO images? Try using the free IMG burn to burn the ISO image. Try a different brand of blank media. I have had a spindle of discs that were good up to a point, and the last bunch were all bad.
Of course You can by pass DVD's and burn the Windows 10 ISO image to a USB Flash Drive.

#7 ·
I have burned other ISO images immediately after failing with the Win 10 iso. Burned a 4.3 GB file to both the DL disc and to a regular DVD disc. Both of those were successful.I just got done putting it on a usb flash. But I would still like to know how to fix the original problem.

Thanks, David

#8 ·
Both Spunk and I mentioned the discs. Strange things happen especially when you get a 100 on a spindle and the weight and movement seem to affect performance. Had better luck with certain brands. Some have recorded on my Pioneer DVD/VCR and couldn't on my LG M-Disc.

#9 ·
Went to the store and got a small patch of new DL discs. Tried each of the burners and still the same problem. Would a system restore help? Might be a stupid question, but I am old and allowed stupid questions<S>.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

David

#11 ·
I preformed the system restore randomly picking a date about a month ago. Everything is back to normal now. Have burned a MCT iso on an original DL disc and just to be safer, put a copy on a 16 GB thumb drive. I thank you for all of your help and ideas. Stay healthy.....David

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.