Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've recently ran into a problem with my computer where sometimes the DVDs I burn don't actually finish. The burning process goes all the way to 100%, then seems to stop (even though the counter still continues as if it is doing something). This continues for well over the time it should take to burn the disc (I've let it run for up to 15 minutes more than it should take), and when I eventually quit the program and get the disc out it is hot and incomplete.

I am using a BenQ DVD-ROM as my master drive and the Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-109 as my slave, and I'm copying direct from disc to disc. Currently I am using TEAC DVD-R 8x 4.7 Gig blank media.

Sometimes I can burn a few DVDs and they'll work fine, and then all of a sudden it won't work. Once it stops working I have to reset the computer to get my discs out.

Any help with this could be appreciated. Thanks.

-TIM

btw, I've checked to make sure DMA is enabled where available for each of the drives.

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
try another burning program and check your tempretures while burning are not going to high and causing the cpu to throttle back

·
retired
1,966 Posts
Go into device manager and uninstall it. Then use the hardware wizard (select uninstall device) to remove every instance that appears there (checkmark show hidden devices)-do repeatedly until all instances have been removed. Reboot and windows will install.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.