Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good day All

Hope you are well? I was hoping you could please help me? I am having issues with a duplicate display, I recently hooked TV up as additional screen using an HDMI extender via CAT6 and it works fine when I have it on Extend Screen, but as soon as I choose to duplicate display then it only displays in the center of both monitor and TV,I've changed the drivers,display settings,scaling,refresh rate but nothing seems to help, the monitor is on display port and the TV on an HDMI extender via CAT 6 and on an HDMI to display port converter. Could you please assist? Please see attached, extended and duplicate views where there is a thick black border on both surrounding the display
System Specs: 11th gen i7 3.6Ghz
16GB Ran
64bit Win11 Pro

Attachments

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
I've run across this before while helping someone set up a gaming system. However, I can no longer recall exactly what we did to resolve the issue. I think it had something to do with with the TV's settings.

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
44,227 Posts
Can you explain this, I am confused?
the TV on an HDMI extender via CAT 6 and on an HDMI to display port converter.
Can you use an HDMI cable from the TV with an HDMI to DP adapter to the GPU/Computer?
Is this a Desktop or a Laptop? If a laptop, close the lid. The resolution of the laptop with the lid open will smaller then the TV.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you explain this, I am confused?

Can you use an HDMI cable from the TV with an HDMI to DP adapter to the GPU/Computer?
Is this a Desktop or a Laptop? If a laptop, close the lid. The resolution of the laptop with the lid open will smaller then the TV.
Hi, it's a desktop and the TV is mounted against the wall that is why I had to use the hdmi extender, the desktop only has display ports so used a hdmi converter. when extendinging the displays it is fine,it just happens when I duplicate displays then ithe picture immediately jumps to the middle of each screen, hoping this explains it more and that you able to assist?

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
WIth your TV showing the too-small display, have you tried going into its settings menu and then expanding the display to fill the screen? Not the Windows' display settings menu, the TV's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WIth your TV showing the too-small display, have you tried going into its settings menu and then expanding the display to fill the screen? Not the Windows' display settings menu, the TV's.
Changed the settings on TV and set to full screen,also set resolution to full screen on NVidia control panel and set both display resolutions to 1920 x 1080

1 - 6 of 6 Posts