Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people, i just sign up for this forum, i hope you guys can help me a little bit.

I am opening a business and i am interested in printing my own catalogs, the catalogs are going to be 1/2 Letter size (5.5" x 8.5")
Ive been looking to buy a full duplex printer and i understood that these printers can come with 1 or 2 engines.
I looked up at youtube and saw that most of the printers will print a page, wait about 20 seconds for the ink to dry, pull the paper back in and then print on the other side.

I want my catalogs to be about 30-40 pages (which means about 10 Letter size pages folded to half for each catalog).

I guess it will take too much time, and with todays technology im sure theres a better way to do this, does anyone have any advice?
What would be a reasonable price for a printer that can print on both sides at the same time without having to wait and pull the paper back in, can you recommend any?

Thanks alot!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Usually what a lot of duplex printers are, are usual printers that have a special extra tray under the printer for it to send the paper through, and send it back through the printer upside down. As for drying time, standard printing doesn't require large amounts of drying time, but it might be enough to make the process noticeably slower.

I think that if you were to walk into a computer/printer store, they would be able to provide you with the information/product that you need based on what you tell them you want in a printer.

The whole concept of printing on two sides at once is a bit big. You might be better off getting your print job, and getting it done at a photocopy store. I'm sure they have all the equipment you need to get the job done, without having to spend a large amount of money on a high end printer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your quick response.
My business will require printing customized catalogs in small quantities, so i don't think going to a printer is an option because it is going to be too expensive.

Well ill start looking for a printer that has that tray (i dont really mind if it is going to print on 1 side each time, i just don't like the whole idea that the page comes out and then goes back in again, i think there is more space for errors)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.