Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry If this is the wrong thread, I looked and this seemed like the correct place.

Silent Hunter 5 comes out in the new year and I am unsure whether it will run on my PC or not. The specs needed to run it very well (with all graphic options enabled, in 1280*1024) is:

dual core at 3 GHz (quad core is appreciated but not mandatory)
2 gb of ram
nVidia 8800 GT 512mb (ATi 4850 512mb)

My specs are:

Manufacturer - Dell

Model - XPS XPS_420

Rating: 5.9

Proccessor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz 2.33GHz

Memory (RAM) -4.00 GB

System type: 32-bit operating system

ATI Radeon HD 3870

20'' Monitor

Will this be good enough to run it well, If not what sort of things can I buy to improve the PC to a level which will run it well?

-Sky999

·
Team Manager, Gaming
7,320 Posts
Thanks for answering my question.

I am glad I wil be able to run it, however I am hoping to be able to run it at a high performance level.

It didn't seem right to make another thread about this since it's a simple question, so I hope you don't mind me asking you via a PM.

I am looking into buying some new equipment such as a new 'graphics card' and maybe a new 'graphics card driver'. They might be the same thing I'm not sure.

Are there any other things that you would reccomend me buying in order to boost my computer's performance quality and speed wise?

I thought I would ask because you seem to be the only person who looked at my PC specifications
as I said your card can run the game, but if you are willing to upgrade you can get a Geforce 9800 GTX for about 135$
also see if you can sell your card on Ebay (or go to a PC shop that buys used parts), it's still wanted for games.
the graphics driver can be downloaded for free from the manufacturer's website. (like yours, you can get your drivers from www.amd.com)
I also strongly suggest that you have a good Power Supply Unit especially to power your video card
your current card also needs a good power supply, there are good quality power supply units (PSU) out there, like Corsair, Thermaltake, etc...
for more info on PSU carefully read this thread:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.