Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
----------- My current setup ----------------

I have a 19" monitor i run at 1280 X 1024.
I also have a 15" LCD turned on its side, which runs at 768 X 1024 (This is not an error)
The displays are setup in Dual view configuration.

------------------------------------------------

When i drag a video across both screens in Windows Media Player to watch a dvd, one screen blanks out and the opposite screen works. I tried using the "Horizontal Span"and it forced me to turn my 15" LCD right side up. With horizontal span, it runs at 2048 X 768, and because of the different screen heights, the DVD will appear much smaller on the 15" screen than the bigger screen. I do not want to do that because, with the screen rotated and dual view on, i get a 2048 X 1024 resolution which is great for DVD's, but i cant span a DVD across the monitors.

I've also tried using Power DVD (which is my decoder software for WMP also)

The rotated screen + Dual View makes some killer huge excel sheets!

Edit: My card is the 7600GT PCI-E and i am using WMP 11

Moderators- feel free to move this thread to the appropriate forum

·
Registered
179 Posts
Why would you want to watch a video with the edge of the screens in the middle? I'm not sure you can get that to work, no matter how I have ahd my duals set up it always plays videos and game on one or the other, but not both.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The screens have a very narrow plastic border. I think being able to watch movies across both screens would weigh more over the fact of the plastic part of the screens.

I've been trying to do this by messing with hardware acceleration, and finding a bunch of dvd decoder software and no success.

I was also thinking of a 3rd party program, completely independent of NVIDIA, could rotate my second display without it knowing... Then i might be able to get it to horizantal span with rotated screen....

Whatching 16:9 movies on a 5:4 screen(19" monitor) does not make for a pretty letterbox.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Personal preference aside, I don't think you're going to be able to do that. I run the same resolutions on my monitors and it won't do it with any player, in any configuration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.