Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reported this problem a while back but it fixed itself a few days later.

Now the problem seems to persist.

Basically I have a dual scree set up.
One with a really old 17" targa monitor, and one with a viewsonic 19" widescreen monitor (VA1912w 19")

Around 2 months ago my Viewsonic monitor kept going blank. At the time my viewsonic was the main monitor.
I had to keep turning the power from the monitor on/off or go into display settings and/or change the resolution to a lower one then revert it back to the higher one. I also tried updating the graphics card drivers, and I lowered the brightness + contrast on the Viewsonic to cause less of a strain to it.

Eventually I decided to switch the ViewSonic from the main monitor to the secondary one. It worked a lot better and the problem rarely arouse (maybe once a week).

Now the problem is the ViewSonic is now going blank (with power light green), and the solution I used last time (chaning/reverting display settings) have little effect. I am not sure its the graphics cards or the monitor. I have tested the cable and the monitor on other computers. It seems to be fine.

Also a side note, which Id like help on. When playing COD MW2. On one mission (and only that mission) do the colours go crazy. The whole screen except my heads up display go white (ie the background and my player), and I cant see anything. So now I think it maybe my graphics cards though I am not sure.

My comp specs are:
Quad Core 2.4Ghz
2GB RAM
512MB Graphics Card (Nvidia GeForce 8600GS).

·
Banned
4,862 Posts
If it happens with the Viewsonic regardless of which port you use, and not to the other one, then I would guess t hat the monitor is defective or dying. See if you can get it replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it happens with the Viewsonic regardless of which port you use, and not to the other one, then I would guess t hat the monitor is defective or dying. See if you can get it replaced under warranty.
Thanks.

Know it still under warranty because Ive had it for less than 3 years, but Ive lost the receipt when I bought it.

There any other ways to get it replaced?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.