Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am attempting to create a basic VPN access with the ability to utilize the internal LAN network. Right now, the connection is setup to a Verizon 72.x.x.x number and the internal address is 10.231.192.115. I have attempted multiple different ways of being able to get this to work, however, I always seem to fail. I am able to get internet access when I load the VPN software called Ipig; but, I have no ability to see the computers on the network, nor use the internal internet or intranet access for a few of the business programs that we require our employees to use.

I have attempted to use fedora and openVPN however it gave me multiple problems when I tried it so I figured that xp could be a quick basic fix. Has anyone done this before?

One thing I was thinking was to set the VPN for the internal network and configure the 72. to forward everything to the LAN Nic; however, I do not know how to do that. All of the ip's in the system are static so I simply bridged the two connections together and added their information into the IP Scheme in the config file. If anyone can help me out here I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Topology

Of course! Thank you so much for responding :)

(Cisco 2900) - (Proxy) - (Router) - <-LAN (Computer) WAN-> Backdoor static DSL line.

Also,
An interesting thing is that, when i set it up under Fedora, it will connect to the VPN but when it attempts to verify username it says that the connection is terminated. Note- not because of a user authen problem but rather a connection issue. Any ideas? Thanks! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.