Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been trying to get this specific setup working lately but i'm somewhat at a loss.
I have 2 monitors on my computer right now, everything normal is working okay but my what I am having trouble with is, Is there a way I can make it so while they both display different things, let's say I am in a full screen game, and talking to someone on an instant messanger via second monitor, I can move my mouse freely on the second monitor click/type without the full screen application minimizing?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you have the setting for dull-view that should work.

Or...

I have a nvidia card and the software includes a control panel.One of the options is for full screen. It lets you set it what display will be used for main display and thats were the full screen game or movie would be. Im sorry i cant help you better but I kinda dont know how to put it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well yeah the dual video is working just fine, but is there a way to make it so you can freely use applications while being in full screen without that full screen application minimizing? other than that i'm fine

·
Registered
168 Posts
Not that I know of. Because full screen applications take complete focus, and when you switch to another process, then the focus will be taken away from the fullscreen app and will subsequently be minimized. There may be some system mod that you could do. The only viable solution I have for you (although it kind of defeats the purpose) is to use a windowed version of the game.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, well that kinda.... sucks =P At any rate thank you, Maybe I can find a 3rd party program for it or something.
However, I do have one more question about using dual monitors while linked. Will it decrease performance in games and such, even if you have nothing graphical other than lets say, notepad on the second monitor?

·
Folding Along
2,304 Posts
I use a dual system at work and often have a reference application open on one screen (maximized to that screen) and an active app in the other (also maximized). We're not talking little apps here either - Yesterday I was referring to an ArcView GIS map while editing a drawing in AutoCAD.

When changing apps, I just mouse over to the other screen, click that app's window, and do the edits I need to make.

I've never noticed a reduction in performance, but a lot depends on your system. For instance, if some of your RAM has to be used to run a graphics card, you might have slower regeneration in some intensive applications.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.