Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Im new to this so please exuse my noobish vocabulary when it comes to computers. I just recently purchased a radeon x800 xl and installed it fine. The card works great for the most part except when I try to use a second display. I have a component output being sent to a infocus screen play. When I play most games I have to set the the video size(ex: 800x600) in the game to actually get the view im looking for.
For the most part it worked with games such as Counter Strike, X-Men legends 2, Doom 3. My first problem was that games which did not support widescreen formats would only show up in 4:3 displays. Doom3 for example, I do not think can be played in 16:9 view.
The real problem actually occured when I tryed to play Madden 06. The loading screen comes up in a full screen 16:9 and then when the game menu comes up, my projector goes black with distorted pixels all over the place. I feel that this might not be a application problem because on my old dell I had a ati AIW 9700 and could play madden on the projector fine. Infact I didnt even have to set anything up in the Catalyst control center. I just used a hot key to swap devices and the projector would come up flawless and integrate with any game/app. I want to know if this is an application problem or a video card prob and if it can be fixed? Thank§

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
What is the native aspect ratio of the projector? Sometimes the card will spit a signal that the projector can't interpret or is beyond it's capabilities, which often results in the distortions you mentioned. Making sure the PC also knows exactly what it's connected to.

Also, what's the brand and model?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a infocus screenplay 4805. Im having problems with ati's new catalyst control center settings. The aspect ratio set on the projector is 16:9.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Dump the Catalyst Control Center, it's the most useless thing since Norton Utilities. After the completely uninstall the video drivers and reinstall them with all your video equipment connected and powered on so it'll properly detect.

According to inFocus (a good brand, trust me!) it has a native 854x480 16:9 resolution. It's a bit above SD resolution because the picture is wider. The best you can can muster from it without annoying distortions is 640x480, which is minimal in most cases but does mean less strain on the video card.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.