Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forums, and think this is where this should be posted.

I was trying to fix the settings on my dual monitors today, and some how managed to shut one off. I think it may be disabled. But, I can not for the life of me, figure out how to get it back on. I have tried using Vista's controls, and Nvidia controls. Neither will bring it back up.

It was running 1440x900, but when I got on this morning it was running 800x600, and I was just trying to fix it

I did try reloading the driver, but the driver I downloaded from Acer would not load with Vista 64bit, and I can not find a vista driver

Vista 64bit
Acer Al1916W Monitors
NVidia 8800GTS video card

if you need to know more just ask, and any sort of help would be great

thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok, so I got the monitor back up finally.

I still can not get it to run at 1440x900, currently the highest it will run is 1024x768. It is on the vista non-pnp driver. I can not get the Acer driver to load. Any ideas on that

·
Registered
55 Posts
Remove the Acer drivers completely from your system and then reboot. If that doesn't work, try manually loading the vista generic pnp monitor drivers.

·
Biker/Geek
1,088 Posts
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_163.75.html

That is the download page for the Vista 32bit nvidia 8800GTS driver.

Remember to remove all other drivers first. The installer for the nvidia drivers is supposed to do this automatically - but do it just in case.

Then post back with details on your settings if that does not work.

I don't think reloading Vista is necessary at this point - I'd hold off until all other measures are exhausted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I reloaded everything. I was just tired of messing with it, and wanted to try it. I reloaded the driver. It took some more playing with it, but I finally got it all fixed. It took a while to get it the monitor to work under a pnp, because when it rebooted it was still as generic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.