Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Radeon 9800 running on WinXP using latest Catalyst Drivers.
I want to have a 16:9 Flat Panel monitor as my primary monitor (via DVI), however I also want to connect my Home Theatre Projector (via DVI).
I've currently got the Projector running as my only 'display', and have the perfect resolution using Powerstrip (1280X720).
I'm looking at buying a new Samsung 16:9 (1280X768) Flat Panel monitor to use as my primary display (via DVI preferably), however wondered how I go about having BOTH the Flat Panel and the Projector connected at once. I don't want to have to keep switching DVI cables as my setup makes that pretty hard!
Can somone let me know how and if I can connect both the flat panel and the projector at the same time, both using DVI.
I understand that I can't connect a flat panel on RGB and the projector on DVI, so wondered how others get around this?
Thanks!

Webwalker

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've never used multiple monitors before so I don't know anything about it but I'm guessing their would be a converter somewhere that you can buy for the plugs. Maybe at best buy or circuit city.
If you plan on doing this for gaming I hear multiple monitors drops framerates though.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
webwalker... Have you thought about using the S-Video output on the 9800 for the projector display. This way you can use the LCD as your primary display with the DVI input. Just a thought.

RP

·
ID10T Circuit replacement
1,038 Posts
They make a DVI switch box. It is close to $300 bucks if you look for dvi ab switch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Best place for this is KVM Switch

VGA extenders and

KVM extender allows you to extend PS2 keyboard, PS2 mouse and VGA video remotely up to 1000 feet away from a computer. KVM extenders are ideal for applications like public broadcasting, banks, classrooms, tradeshows, and other mission critical locations.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.