Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dual-monitor 2nd screen playing movies full-screen & I don't want it to! [resolved]

I have a dual-monitor setup, one the screen of my Alienware m9700, the other a 21" Dell flat CRT... For a while, I was able to extend my desktop to the second monitor and play a movie on either while keeping other applications running about... now I think I may have changed a setting through the Windows display config, and any time I have a movie file open with any program, it switches automatically to full-screen playback on the second monitor!

Can I get it to go back to normal, when I could choose where a movie is being displayed? What if I want to have a program open on 1, reference data on 2, and the movie playing in the background for just audio? I can't do that anymore! =(

Thanks for your help in advance, I looked online for a solution but couldn't find any. >_<

Jason

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Is this machine using an ATi? Those cards have a video clone capability that can be manually turned on or off using the ATi ControlCenter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this machine using an ATi? Those cards have a video clone capability that can be manually turned on or off using the ATi ControlCenter.
Yeah I tried a different way to get into the NVIDIA settings – right-click on the desktop and selected "Dell" from a side menu that came out. Once in there, I went to "Full Screen Video" and disabled the "Full screen device."

I even was able to fine tune the gamma, contrast, and sharpness so the behemoth old monitor better matches my laptop's display! Thanks for the clue, much appreciated!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.