Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a Intel Pentium 4 machine with 128MB RAM, very recently I installed one more hard disk of 40GB capacity as Primary slave.I also installed Redhat 8.0 on the slave hard disk. Now I have Win98 and Redhat 8.0.After doing this Win98 has become dead slow but where as Linux runs pretty fast.In win 98 the browser is like, i have to wait for minutes to get the site!!!

Now is this problem because of loading Linux or because of installing the second hard disk as primary slave.

Can anybody tell me whether the problem will be solved if I make the second hard disk as Secondary master.!!

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Quite honestly, it's pretty difficult to say what would cause the problem, though my top suspect is the second hard disk. Having Linux on another disk (obviously inactive when W98 is running), isn't having an effect on your speed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
hemanthsali said:
Hi,

I have a Intel Pentium 4 machine with 128MB RAM, very recently I installed one more hard disk of 40GB capacity as Primary slave.I also installed Redhat 8.0 on the slave hard disk. Now I have Win98 and Redhat 8.0.After doing this Win98 has become dead slow but where as Linux runs pretty fast.In win 98 the browser is like, i have to wait for minutes to get the site!!!

Now is this problem because of loading Linux or because of installing the second hard disk as primary slave.

Can anybody tell me whether the problem will be solved if I make the second hard disk as Secondary master.!!
Every time when u plug another component to your sistem your sistem its going to work slower, my advice its to re-install windows again , but pay attention on linux , u have to install windows ur gonna lose your boot manager , and u hafta boot with linux cd and type ->

pico /etc/lilo.conf
and setup there boot like /dev/hdc for linux with kernel support bzimage or what u use
and /dev/hda as windows

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.