Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently switched my DSL service over from DSLExtreme (a seemingly unknown ISP) to SBC Broadband ... and since then it's been a pain in the neck. At first I was unable to use my D-Link ethernet switch, however I could use the DSL connection with no hiccups through just the modem (the drawback being that I can only have the DSL running through one computer at a time). So the next day I went out and purchased a new router from my local computer store. A NetLINE Broadband Gateway/ 7S model. I brought it home and hooked everything up and everything seemed to work fine. After surfing for about 15 minutes, the connection died... and 3 seconds later it was back. I ignored the problem and went on surfing for another 10 or so minutes and once again, the connection died suddenly, but was immediately ressurected. So I checked all my ethernet cables to make sure everything was properly connected, which it was...I even switched them with some extra ethernet cables I had lying around (just in case). Nothing, notta, I continued having the same problem. Much like with the last non-working router, if I bypass it and simply use the modem by itself through one of my computers, the connection will stream cleanly, with no hiccups. I am suspicious of my new router, but I doubt that it is the cause of this problem as I was having this problem with my last router as well. However, there seems to be no problem with my DSL line (as has been repeated to me through many SBC Yahoo Tech Support phone calls). I pray that someone reading this will have an idea as to what is causing my connection to fluxuate and if someone does know...please clue me in...I beg of you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.