Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having problems getting online with my Nintendo DS. I can access most things like getting online (with my DS Web Browser) and using the Global Trading Center in Pokemon Pearl. However, when I attempt to connect directly with another person with wifi, there is where I encounter the problem. I usually get error, and then it disconnects me from wifi.

I currently have a Windows XP, a Westell model 6100, and Netgear WGR614 lv 7. It is the only computer with internet in the house.

I have hear that the problem might lie within router security, but we have an open connections (no passwords, WEP key, etc..)

Then I thought it my be my friend's router, but he can use the same aspects of DS wifi as I can. He had to enter a WEP key to get online, but that worked fine.

I heard from someone that it was because we were both using routers. Is that the problem? They said something about it having no forwarding port because they're both routers? I don't know. :4-dontkno I'm not very computer savy, but I understand the basics. I'm just very confused.

Any help anyone has to offer would be appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.