Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I droped my laptop on the corner the harddrive is on, twice. I now get a lot of noises as if something is touching in there. anyway... I wanted to know the best way to transfer my files (just files) from the laptop to my desktop PC. I have limited money, so I cant just up and get something unless its run under $80... Other wise I have use of Serial, Parallel, USB, internet, and a CD writer as a last ditch method. BTW I have around 7GBs to transfer.

Out of what I have already, what is the best method of file transfer without buying anything extra. I have all the cables I need, just dont know how to use them... lol...
And if any of those aren't the fastest method what is the fastest? How much do you think I would/will have to spend?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whosdat said:
greetings

i would get a cross over cable and network the 2 computers via the ethernet connetion.
Thanx for the help, this is working, but so far Im getting a "Limited or no conectivity" ballon when i connect. also the Desktop freezes when i click copy.

any clue what to do next?

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Do you have a desktpo PC? If so, pick up a 2.5" -> 3.5" HDD adapter. They're only a few bucks and are massively handy in these situations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.