Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to sell my video card to my friend...I don't however have the original disc. Can I download the drivers/what he needs to get it to run off of the nVidia website? It's an nVidia 8500 GT.

If anyone is able...can you provide a link? Thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love you in a non homosexual way. Oh and since he has an integrated graphics set up, will there prove to be any complications with me installing this card? Obviously I am somewhat new to this.

On a side note, I have another quick question. So to replace my card, I'd like to buy an XFX 8800GT. The motherboard on this PC runs PCI Express x16...and the card says PCI Express 2.0. So does that mean it won't work in my compy? If thats true...I will cry.:tongue:

Thnx

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
54,257 Posts
I love you in a non homosexual way. Oh and since he has an integrated graphics set up, will there prove to be any complications with me installing this card? Obviously I am somewhat new to this.

It is always a good idea to uninstall the existing drivers prior to installing the new card. Most motherboards will disable the onboard video when it detects a add-in card. . you can also do that manually in the BIOS

On a side note, I have another quick question. So to replace my card, I'd like to buy an XFX 8800GT. The motherboard on this PC runs PCI Express x16...and the card says PCI Express 2.0. So does that mean it won't work in my compy? If thats true...I will cry.:tongue:

It should work . . You cna find a review here

Thnx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.