Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use DriverCure, and the installation for "Intel(R) 82801EB LPC Interface Controller." During installation, a window pops up with a folder XP in it. When I search it, there are a bunch of files with strange names, and most of them are NotePad files. There is also another folder, called SP inside the XP folder also containing NotePad files. DriverCure says "Installation is taking longer than expected" or something like that. "Keep waiting for installation: YES NO"

What am I supposed to do from here?

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Hello and Welcome to TSF,

Forget using Drivercure (you dont need the program to find the correct drivers for this pc).

Go here for your drivers for the pc:

Note: You will need the serial number of the pc is all.
you can find this on a white sticker somewhere on pc.

http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/dlcenter.asp

Download each driver file that you will need for the pc.

1. Install chipset driver first if needed.
2. reboot pc after each driver is installed. (very important)
Also if a driver folder has no setup.exe then you will need to go into device manager
and maually install it by clicking on update driver and pointing it toward the folder that you have downloaded or just let it run automatically to find the driver in pc.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: [SOLVED] DriverCure problems

Wait, perhaps not. I'm trying to update the driver (yes THIS specific driver I'm not confusing it with another) and it says "The wizard could not find a better match for your hardware than the software you currently have installed." Why won't it find the updates I downloaded?

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
The driver you downloaded, you have to go to it and click on the setup.exe file in order for it to run the update to the driver, do not use the wizard for this not necessary.

Make sure you run this offline and woudnt hurt to shut down antivirus program when installing drivers, also reboot between each driver installation.

Note: to close thread. you need to go near top of page and under thread tools click on thread solved, ty.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Ty for posting the pic of pc, that will work to, and also sorry for not getting back to you earlier.

Go here for the drivers for your pc:

http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/search.asp?param=Gateway+610XL+&st=kw

Note: Install chipset first (if needed)
While installing drivers, turn off your antivirus and antispyware programs please
Remember to reboot after each driver installation also.

Let me know if you need any more help with this please?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.