Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom has a Lexmark Z71 printer and is using Windows 98. The problem is that the printer isn't working properly. I went to device manager to try to update the driver and that didn't help. I then deleted the printer and unplugged it hoping that the computer would find it as new hardware and download the driver for it. That didn't work. It said it was downloading the driver needed for that device, but it's like it's not recognizing the printer when I try to print a document. It says no default printer has been selected. Then I went to add new hardware and selected the option for the computer to find the new hardware. It gives me a list of printers but the Z71 isn't in the list. There are about 30 of them listed under Lexmark. The other problem is that I don't have the disc to install the printer because my mom lost it. Can anyone tell me which printer driver is compatible with the Z71 or give me a link where I can download the driver? I've already been to the Lexmark website and don't see the Z71 listed there either. Thanks for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Hmm.

Well then how old is the thing, and flip the printer over and if you could list the mod# & ser#'s from the label. That might help. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The printer came from Sears....As for the model number and serial number, I will have to get those when I go to my mother's house again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.