Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have the specs below, i modified the TCP/IP driver file to allow for more connections. The problem is that it causes an error on Windows boot. I have to press F8, then choose 'Disable Driver Signature verification', or something similar, to get Windows to boot successfully.

Is there a way to permanently disable that verification, instead of having to press F8 everytime i boot to choose that option.

Thanks.

Specs:
CPU: Intel Pentium D 925
RAM: Spectek 2048MB, DDR2-533
MB: Gigabyte GA-8I945P-G, Intel 945P
GFX: Chaintech nVidia 8800GT 512MB
HDD: WD 160GB, SATA2
Sound: Realtek ALC882 7.1-Ch HD
Monitor: IBM 21" P202
OS & DSL: Windows Vista - Ultimate, ADSL 256/64Kb/s Connection
PSU: Task International 450 Watt (12v/26A)

·
Freelance
886 Posts
Hello os008

my good friend jcgriff2 altered me to a certain peice of software that allows you to do exactly that

Downloaded Autoruns double clicked file, once opened then opened the Boot Execute and unchecked autocheck .....(Whatever the drive maybe that it checks) then rebooted ofcourse

Regards

Craig

·
Happy to support TSF!
7,263 Posts
Isn't the autochk to enable to use of chkdsk on boot if required? Driver signature verification is something completely different..or so I thought??

·
Freelance
886 Posts
Ok to disable the actuall Driver signature verification process

1. open command prompt as administrator
2. type bcdedit -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
3. Press enter and reboot
4. Test by loading something simple such as cpu-z or core temp

post back with any results

Note undo this operation

2. type bcdedit -deletevalue loadoptions

*NB Yes it is a double D (DD)

Craig

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Downloaded Autoruns double clicked file, once opened then opened the Boot Execute and unchecked autocheck .....(Whatever the drive maybe that it checks) then rebooted ofcourse
Isn't the autochk to enable to use of chkdsk on boot if required? Driver signature verification is something completely different..or so I thought??
I think you're right, from what i can see, that command line look very much like a CHKDSK one.

Ok to disable the actuall Driver signature verification process

2. type bcdedit -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
3. Press enter and reboot
4. Test by loading something simple such as cpu-z or core temp

post back with any results

Note undo this operation

2. type bcdedit -deletevalue loadoptions

*NB Yes it is a double D (DD)

Craig
That's more like it, thanks.

Tried it, didn't work unfortunately, i rechecked the boot parameters and that parameter is there!

I made a quick search on that command and found that whoever made that driver file i'm using actually advised us to use the above procedure with it (was on another web-site). But warned that it doesn't work with x64 version of Windows after installing SP1 and some kind of update after that. Though, didn't mention anything about the x86 version.

Thanks for your help.

·
Freelance
886 Posts
Ok as far as i can see the work around doesnt really work for x86 yet as the drivers are less unstable BUT try the following and see what the results are

1. Right-click on the shortcut and select Run as administrator

2. When the command window opens, type the following and press ENTER:

Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON

3. Reboot and then try installing the driver.

If this doesnt work you can uninstall the update KB938979 reboot and perform this procedure again,should work on x86

regards

Craig

·
Freelance
886 Posts
If you have installed SP1 you might have to uninstall it, go through both procedures to see if its going to rectify and then reinstall SP1 again.

I think you could be right about it being disabled in SP1

try that out and repost

Regards

Craig

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I gave up on Windows Vista. Back to Windows XP for now. I only needed Vista for DX10 for Age of Conan really, when its released, but till then i'll just wait to see if there's any real difference between DX9 and 10 in that game.

Thank you for your support Placehold :).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.