·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've an agp card. which shows
Nvidia geforce Mx 400
64 MB RAM
when system boots up.
I've downloaded many drivers from nvidia and other websites regarding mx 400 but no one is matching. but by chance a driver named "S3 savage 2000" matched with the card but it's only showing 32 MB agp memory in directx and other system diagnosis softwares.
what's the problem why no driver for nvidia is matching. and tell me some good websites where i can find any driver. It'll be much better if drivers are free.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
If your motherboard has onboard video then that might be why an S3 video driver would match your machine. It's also possible you have a fake video card. I've seen video cards for sale on eBay which claim to be one kind of card but are in fact another cheaper model. S3 has a program which can identify your video card from the hardware. You can download it from here. If that program says you have an S3 video card then it's definitely not an NVIDIA card, whatever the powerup screen says. There's also another utility here which can identify most video cards.

If it really is an NVIDIA card then I'd use these drivers. They're very old but they work pretty well for that kind of video card. I used to have one and those drivers gave me the least trouble.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.