Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good ole MSBLAST exploit... oy...

Well, in the wake of what I would call a work of art (I do not appreciate all of Gates' bull...), I am left w/o sound... system wav's are a beep from the chasis speaker... but thats all I've got...

Ok basically problems are
1) No Sound
2) "No" playback device AKA it wont aknowledge my sound card
3) Reinstalling sound card doesnt help 1 + 2
4) A computer restart results in the inability to properly log on (will get into windows as main user w/o it being on the 3FingerSalute menu)
5) 4 can only be remedied by reinstalling XP, and is only a single event fix

On the upside, I found out that XP has no idea what my raid controller needs for drivers... says the .inf (the one that it RECOMMENDS) was made for 98

Any help wooooould be appreciated (cuz I am sick of no sound and reinstalling XP... =D)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Sound problem seems to be fixed

If you have a similar problem check this page, its kinda hard to read but is exact as possible.

Still need a fix for the restart-logon-lockout though

----EDIT----
Not exactly workage on the fixing... seemed ok, but devices still arent working... Though, by editing the logon/user accounts I think i may have found a solution to the need to reinstall...

Gonna try a few more times on the sound card install and see if i can get the mother to work :angry2:
---EDIT---
Nope, sound still gone... no evil pewter though, havent had a problem with restarting yet :upset: pwease, someone rescue me from the clutches of the evil monopolistic mastermind

G

·
What brand of soundcard do you have and have you downloaded the latest driver for it?

AS far as your raid issue you should also get the driver for that at the manufacturers website whether it be the motherboards or a separate card.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a VIA chipset, onboard drivers, AGP... i havent had a problem at all up till now... but since getting rid of MSBLAST, I have no sound and loading windows (from logon) seems to take longer
:boxing: :argue: :hit: :poke1: :guns: :gun: :punch: :reaper: :swords: :diss1: :diss3:

This has been a play called "My Computer and Me" *bow* thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.