Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
I have the P4c800-e motherboard and installed an ATI X800 AGP using the cd. I don't know whether or not you have installed the catalyst control centre as well off the install cd. If so unistall it and just leave the drivers on. I checked when my system kept freezing up and noticed that was a common problem. After unistalling the control centre and leaving only drivers (updated from net) the card now works great.

If your running straight drivers and nothing else, I heard they have known issues and there are alternative drivers out their (supposedly, I haven't had to use any of them) See: http://www.tweakguides.com/ATICAT_1.html

· Registered
8 Posts
Well I checked the web for similar posts and found one. Doesn't start off the same but after some time the same ATI DLL file caused the same blue screen screw up and the user changed the drivers over and over again and even reinstalled windows. End result was = a 6 month old strip of ram gone bad. He took it out and the mess was fixed.

http://discussions.virtualdr.com/showthread.php?t=190759&page=1

I know the thread starts off differently, but half way down first page and you'll see the exact same prblem, then skip to second page for the fix. Might be worth a try.

· Registered
8 Posts
Here's parts of the thread

"Per SuperSparks instructions disabled "auto restart". The problem occurred again this morning but resulted in a Stop error Screen instead of a restart with the following message.

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
The problem seems to be caused by the following file: ati2cpag.dll
Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area
Restart computer

If problems continue, disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

Technical info:
***Stop:0x00000050(0xC240E900,0x00000000,0xBFA1263A,0x00000000)
***ati2cqag.dll-Address BFA1263A base at BFA09000, DateStamp 411096bd
Beginning dump of physical memory.
Physical dump of memory complete."

"Okay, I think I am back up and running again. Somehow, I screwed up my system big time. Just performed a clean install of XP Pro after numerous stop error messages attempting to clean install. Finally, as a last result I put my old stick of 128 mg ram back in and guess what? XP installed with no problem and no stop error screens. The culprit the whole time looks to be bad ram! Sorry this reply took so long but I couldn't even access the internet.

Thanks again to those who took the time to help me!"

"Ok, I'm satisfied that the cause of the random restarts was bad ram. No restarts and no other problems to date since replacing the ram. Problem solved.
FYI... Avant PC-133 is the brand of ram that went bad after only 6 months."

you never know

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.