Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
I've had a p4p 800e-deluxe for over 12 months and it's the best, most stable mb I have ever had. I can't remember the last time I had a bsod. In fact, I don't think I've ever had one. Your problem screams 'drivers' and I've also heard that the onboard sound causes many a hiccup. This is easily corrected with a $30 soundcard. I agree with previous respondents that you should visit the asus website and upgrade your bios, ac97, inf utility etc. I assume from the flavour of your posts that maybe you have a good understanding of computers but I stress, when flashing the bios do not use the asus online upgrade service. Use the afudos utility. Also, if you are going to flash the bios it's judicious to back-up all important files or even the whole drive. Now this is important. You describe your mb as a p4pc800e-deluxe. It can't be both. Is it a p4p800e or a p4c800e. If it's the former then you have the incorrect bios installed. If it's the latter then all is cool. BTW, while you're at the Asus website, download the latest manual. It will make you familiar with all the different bios settings. Oh dear, I just had another look at your specs. No floppy. That precludes using afudos unless you install one.

Jon

· Registered
34 Posts
i just will have to continue living with the random reboots.
Well, you're a better man than I am. It would drive me bats. OK, if asus flashed to that bios, it's correct. My only other suggestions would be to totally uninstall your gpu drivers and then re-install them. Someone here may advise you on this as it's a while since I've had an ati gpu. Apparently, the uninstall process is not as easy as just going into Add/Remove programs and doing it from there. There are other steps to take. When I did have an ati card in this system, I experienced that later drivers were not always better drivers for my card. Try some of the older drivers around the vintage of your card as an experiment. This system of yours; have you oc'd it at all? Because that can cause random reboots. Here's a thought. Have you checked to see if the fan on your gpu is actually working? Basically, I couldn't rest until I had the problem sorted. It is a very good mb and there is no reason for it to be doing what it's doing. You've run all the spyware, adware, virus, trojan and rootkit revealers have you? As I say, it'd drive me nuts. Oh, and uninstall/re-install your sound card drivers. There might be a glitch in there. While you're at it, check your 'device manager' to find out if there are any conflicts (black and yella question marks).

Jon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.