Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I put a blank disc in either my CD-ROM or my CD-RW, its not recognized. In other words it appears as if there is no disc in the drive. Whenever I try to explore it says "Drive is not ready" - when I try to burn something to the cd - it says insert media to write to...although the disc is already in there...

These are the same CD-R's I have been using for a couple of years now...any clues?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Does it read any other CD's,or is it just the CD-Rs? It may possibly be your lens went bad, but if it works for normal CD's it's eithe be that whatever is used to burn the CD's went bad or you've got a software conflict.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It just doesn't read the blank ones. I can put the exact same brand, cd whatever - out of the same package in that has stuff on it and it reads that, no problem...

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hmmmm... I'm not too familiar with how the burning of a CD is done, but I'd guess that either two types of lenses are used, or there are two ways of useing the same lense, but either way I think that either the CDR part of your drive is broke, or you have a software prob. And I think I remember you mentioning that it doesn't work in more than 1 drive on the same comp, so that makes me think that it's a winodws problem. You might try updating your drivers as well as your burning software. Other than that I don't know what to tell you.. I go consult the other half of my brain, and get back to you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good...yeah both drives - the cd-rom and the cd-rw are having the same prob. They read disks that have stuff on them - they just aren't reading the blank ones. Lem'me know if you think of anything...thanks

S

·
0 Posts
when I try to burn something to the cd - it says insert media to write to...although the disc is already in there...
Try opening and closing the CD draw and see if it sees it.. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.