Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for help with the Drempels screensaver from Geisswerks. I am running a Windows 2000 box with a processor capable of MMX and I am running DirectX 9.0b. Drempels is installed and will run fine in full-screen mode when I use the 'Preview' function in the Screensaver interface of my Display properties. However, when I attempt to run it as a screensaver, the graphics are not displayed. All I see is my desktop. The mouse pointer will flicker to a 'pointer and hourglass' icon every half-second or so and MSMessenger will go to the 'Away' icon in the System Tray on the same frequency.

Since the graphics will display with flawless beauty :) in Preview mode, it would *seem* this is some kind of software incompatibility issue and not a display issue. FYI: Active desktop is disabled.

I have the following icons running in my system tray:
MSMessenger 6.0
PanicWare Pop-Up Stopper 3.1
LAN Networking icon
Symantec Anti-Virus Corporate Edition 8.0
Sound options icon
Hardware Ejection icon

I have made the following adjustments in an attempt to troubleshoot this myself:

-- Set Display mode to 1024x768 32-bit color and Drempels to 1024x768 32-bit color.
-- Set Display mode to 1024x768 16-bit color and Drempels to 1024x768 16-bit color.
-- Disabled MSMessenger and Pop-Up Stopper.
-- Disabled Pop-Up Stopper only.
-- Disabled MSMessenger only.
-- Set the Render Mode to 'Fullscreen, High detail'.
-- Set the Render Mode to 'Fullscreen, Medium detail'.
-- Set the Render Mode to 'Fullscreen, Low detail'.

This is my work box. I also have a box at home with a similar configuration that has the same symptoms (excluding MSMessenger, because thats not running there). Thanks in advance for all your help!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.