Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am getting a weird error message...

If I right click on some pictures saved on my HD I get an error saying "Dr. Watson Post Mortem Debugger Has Encountered A Problem And Needs To Close".
wWin Explorer also freezes and I need to close it via task manager.

the research that I have done indicates that Dr. Watson is the scapegoat if you will. Dr. Watson is the log reporting program... is that correct?

anybody know how to clear this up??

·
Registered
210 Posts
At startup, open task manager and stop all unneccessary processes. Then try to open the folder with task manager still running, and tell us what processes are running and which ones open when you try to open the folder

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Dr Watson is a Windows debug tool. It may give a few clues here and there, but for the most part not a very good tool.

As to what your problem is. 1st rule out viruses and spyware. Use the online scan below. Also scan with spybot and ad-aware if you have not already done so.

If all that does not work, try sfc /scannow from start-run.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, attatched is the task list before i right-click an image file.

when i right click all that starts is dr watson. after a few minutes that shuts down and a bunch of processes disapear. my start bar goes away and then comes back.

I looked in the event log and all it says is win explorer had a problem.

getting really frustrated here cause I know i have a load of proceses I dont need, but cant get em to stop loading on startup and not run...

any ideas how to manage them better?

and any ideas on the right click problem? I am trying to set an image as my background and cant, but i also cant edit any properties...

oh, did I mention its when i right click anything? I dunno how i thought it was just pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
will do when I get home.

sorry I didnt reply till late last night, got a couple packages in the mail, and got stuck doing some stuff I could not get out of. :sayno:

thanks in advance for all the help thought, It is VERY appreciated!

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Please post your hijack this log in the security section, hijack log forum. The security team will look it over and help you. You can point them back to this thread if you wish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.