Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am unsure if I am on the correct forum but will explain the difficulties I have in downloading YouTube film. It starts but only runs for two/three seconds and then "buffers". That is it, nothing more. It is infuriating.
I am on my laptop using a SafeCom SWBARR-5400 router to my main pc. I have Windows XP and no other problems re internet connection. :upset:
I have tried so many suggestions from many sources but to no avail; still two seconds then nothing.
Please, any suggestions would be gratefully received:pray:

·
TSF Enthusiast
905 Posts
How about videos on dailymotion? Can you view the videos there or does it buffer?

Have you tried a different browser or resetting your internet connection to default?

Maz

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Most videos buffer, apart from DVDs, but YouTube is impossible. I use Google Chrome as my default browser and have put internet connection to default but still no joy.

·
TSF Enthusiast
905 Posts
Ok, try going into safe mode with networking and view a video on youtube.

To go into safe mode, restart your pc and continuously press f8 key. From the menu select safe mode with networking. Let us know if it works in there or is it still slow.

Maz

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried the safe mode and could not access internet connection so I tried YouTube on my Internet Explorer and, lo and behold, it works fine. Being a particular fan of Google and Chrome as my browser, I did not think for one minute that the browser was the problem. For months now I have tried everything and realise now that I should have asked on Tech Support for the solution. Thank you Maz.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.