Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Downloading Trouble!!!

2K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  boulder omen 
#1 ·
ever since i downloaded Mozilla Firefox it was cool i guess but i had trouble downloading files and i got a error msg that i never got with IE so when i tried to download the same link with IE i got the same error msg so i decided to remove Firefox to see if it fixed it and when i tried i still got the msg that i never got before downlaoding Firefox here is a pic of the error

any help would be cool :smile:

See less See more
#7 ·
Press start way at the top it should say "Set Program Access and defaults" click on that then under choose default browser check IE. If you don't see "Set Program Access and defaults" go to Add/Remove in the control panel and way at the bottom it should say "Set Program Access and defaults" .

Then when you start IE go to tools>options> programs and click reset web settings.

#8 ·
thank you so much for your help but i am still getting that error from download from several websites i have run out of ideas!! i have another PC that i did not install FireFox and i can still download from that site so if all out fails these PC's are networked so i will just get the files from the other PC. :wink:

#9 · (Edited)
Have you tried re-installing IE and then run a registry program like Winaso or registry mechanic these programs will detect and repair for any error in the registry then defrag your HD? i don't know if that will work but that what i would do.

Edit - Also try this press start>run>type sfc /scannow that will repair IE. You might need your XP CD though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.