Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Dell XPS and have it hooked up to the internet by a router between two computers on a cable modem. Ever since this new configuration, I've had troubles with downloading and other stuff along those lines.

-On AOL Instant Messanger, I can no longer connect for voice communication (talking). I always get an error after it tries to connect for a few seconds.
-On mIRC, I can no longer send files via DCC. They can never connect to the other users computer.
-On Kazaa, I used to download music at an average of 50 kb/sec. Now I'm lucky to get 4 kb/sec, and all my downloads say "More Sources Needed", but I know that there are enough because in the search section, it usually says "3 Users".
-I receive emails every day saying "Returned Mail: User Unknown", but I rarely send out email. Sometimes Norton picks them up as having a virus attached.

It's odd because I am not using a firewall, and I play games and download things off the internet at incredible speed. I don't know if you are familiar with Counter Strike, but I ping 32ms on average, which is usually the best on the server. When downloading off the internet, I can download at up to about 260 kb/sec.

I've run all of my Norton Systemworks programs, including virus scans, and nothing can be found. My computer runs fine unless I try talking, DCC sending, or downloading from Kazaa. Do you have any idea what the problem might be?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.