Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I downloaded a program and i choose for it to download some files that would next be installed but cancelled in the middle of the download will the files be on my computer or will they automatically delete themselves?

·
Team Manager , Articles Team
11,900 Posts
Hi Robby,

Usually in situations like this, the partial downloaded file/s are in the Temporary Files, which are quite safe to delete.
If the download does not complete, then the files are deleted on your machine, and there is usually only a small temp file remaining, which is automatically deleted when you reboot the computer.

Hope this answers your query, and allays any fears.

Kind Regards,

·
Premium Member
19,585 Posts
Thank you! so you think they will just go away because i interrupted the download?
maybe or maybe not, if they are in your windows temporary folder, then all you have to do is to delete the files in it. or you can use utlities like ccleaner to get rid of your temporary files. then they will be gone

·
Premium Member
19,585 Posts
ok i have oibit advanced windows care personal so is that the same? it cleans JUNK files!
I am not familar with it but if it cleans junk files, it should take care of your windows temp folder.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have ccCleaner but i just was unshure about advanced windows care thingy because i have heard that some of those programs delete important stuff by accident and ruin your pc. Any way one more question WHen i am on the internet and a window pops up and says your computer is running slower than normal you may be infected with a virus or malware and then askes you if you want a free scan and you can click yes/no and no matter what you push is still goes to another site and starts scanning so you exit and its says if you do this your computer may be at risk and over and over again you know what i mean> LOL that is a run on if there were any but its probly real common anyways do you get a virus no matter what and what is the best way to stop that from happening again?

·
Premium Member
19,585 Posts
you may have something nasty. you need to do that hijackthis thing.

At the top right of this forums window, there should be a line that says Having problems with spyware and popups? click the link after it and follow the steps to make sure your computer is clean.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.